Monday, January 12, 2009

From accountant to human burp rag

Hello, you can call me mom. Please do, as a matter of fact, maybe that way I'll get used to hearing it. I'm sure eventually I'll be whipping my head around in response to every "MOMMY!" heard across the grocery store, but for now my new boss is only (almost) four months old, and his highest form of communication is "scuuu-uh-uh-uh-REEEEEEECH!! Eh, eh, eh, eh, eeeeeeeee, oo, oo, oo, oo, mmmmMMMMmmmmmm". Now, I've had less intelligible exchanges over the years at work, so I'm not particularly bothered, but it will be nice when he can at least sort of communicate his needs so I'm not just guessing all the time.

Though I'm still technically on maternity leave, I am about to become a stay-at-home-mom, and I'm terrified. Not only will I miss the adult conversation, but I love my chosen profession. Also, our income will be cut nearly in half, and we have to some do major cutbacks and budgeting, but every time I look in my baby's eyes I know we're making the right decision. He needs mommy - not money.

Know anyone who wants to buy a townhouse? Maybe pay off my car? No? Bummer.

4 comments:

  1. *clap* couldnt have worded it better myself. Some days I think a 9 to 5 would be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just focus on everything you're gaining, rather than giving up. You're so lucky to be able to spend all of your time on Clay! I so hope to be in your position one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have comments - awesome! ;)

    Thanks, girls, for the votes of confidence - I appreciate them very much.

    ReplyDelete