Sunday, February 1, 2009

He rolled! And I'm skinny again...

Two momentous thing happened yesterday - the baby rolled from back to front for the first time (though he still hasn't rolled from front to back - leave it to my kid to do the hard stuff first), and I discovered that I fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans! Of course, almost none of my pre-pregnancy shirts fit due to the extra boobage I'm carrying around, but I'm okay with that. In fact, I hope they never fit me again!

I just realized that I never followed up on my back-at-work nervousness. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - thankfully. I'm going to miss a bunch of the people I work with (some of them not so much), and I'm going to miss the work itself, but I still know I'm doing the right thing. In fact, I had a surprising number of people say "good for you!", or "that's the way it should be" when I told them I was going to be a SAHM. I had no idea that I worked with such a bunch of traditionalists (especially because so many of them seem to pride themselves on being modern - I guess I assumed that their ideals extended to family life, but I was - happily -wrong)!

The issue of money is still weighing heavily on my mind - we're going to be operating in a deficit until we can sell the townhouse, and we haven't even put it on the market yet. This means that we're playing a lot more closely to the edge than I'm comfortable with, and I'm looking forward to moving into something cheaper. Seriously - if you know of anyone in the market for a townhouse, I'll cut them a deal. Pretty please? :puppy dog eyes:

No comments:

Post a Comment