Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's official!

I am now officially a stay-at-home-mom. Today was my last day at work, and it felt sort of surreal - I've been with the same company for 9 1/2 years. That's more than a third of my entire life, and almost my entire adult life. I started as a cashier in one of the stores less than two months after my 19th birthday, and ended up in the Accounting department 6 1/2 years later. I'm now 28, I honestly thought I was going to spend the rest of my working life there (though I do realize that I have a lot of working years ahead of me), and was looking forward to helping take care of the company when my boss retired. I feel somewhat proprietary towards it, and am definitely open to the possibility of returning in the future. From the hugs, good wishes, and conversations I had over the course of the day today it sounds like my former co-workers are open to the idea as well - which made me feel good. To know that I've invested so much of myself into this place and find out that not only have I not burned any bridges, but that I'm welcome to come back in the future means a lot.

So begins the human burp rag chapter in my life. Full of bodily functions, tears (his and mine), laundry, housework, laughter, love, joy, pain, and discovery. I hope I'm up to it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of being a SAHM! It's trying but worth it :D

    ReplyDelete