Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This week's installment of "Is this food?"...

So, the baby is crawling now (sort of). It's a combination army crawl and hands and knees lurch, but he's mobile. Thus begins the game of "Is this food?". The smaller and more potentially dangerous something is the faster he gets it to his mouth, so I'm spending an inordinate amount of time staring at him to make sure I get to whatever it is before he does. However, when I give him actual food, it gets no where near his mouth - he just throws it on the floor. What's the deal, yo?

Here's how I spend much of my time:

"Hmmm, yum yum yum, that furry thing looks like it would be mighty tasty!" *lurches toward object in question* *Mom swoops in and removes offending item* "HEY - that was mine!" :cries: *Mom redirects baby's attention to a toy, which goes in the mouth* *Mom hands over a Cheerio* "ZOMGWTF DID YOU JUST HAND ME?? POOOOIIIIISSSOOONNNN!!!" *fling*

Sigh.

1 comment: