Monday, May 18, 2009

Mama's food is way better

I figured out how to get the baby to eat stuff - I have to eat it first. You might be thinking "yeah, no kidding, everyone knows that you dolt", but please remember that I have spent the last 8 months gloriously sleep deprived, and am pleasantly surprised when I remember how to brush my teeth.

This means that my diet is dwindling to baby friendly foods - bananas, Cheerios, ACTUAL baby food (for the record: pureed carrots are nasty and they stain everything they touch - skin, clothing, carpet, upholstery, etc.), and so forth until DH gets home at night and can distract the baby so I can eat something real.

He still won't eat stuff if I hand it to or set it in front of him (I actually have to put it in his mouth), but he willingly opens up and leans forward when I hold something out.

I'm calling it progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment